Dounreay is Scotland’s largest decommissioning project and is widely recognised as Europe’s most complex nuclear closure programme. For more than 50 years it was known as the centre of the UK’s fast reactor research and development and now the team is aiming to be recognised as a centre of excellence for nuclear decommissioning. Dounreay offers an opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most leading edge technical projects, developing unique skills and experiences which are highly sought after across the industry.
Assistant Dosimetry Services Manager
Be part of it
As assistant dosimetry services manager your role will be to manage the delivery of dosimetry services to Dounreay to enable the appropriate assessment of personnel radiation exposure ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and the Dounreay management system. The post holder will also deputise for the dosimetry services manager.
- Manage the delivery of dosimetry to Dounreay
- Develop and maintain a fully documented dosimetry process for Dounreay
- Manage the maintenance of personal records
- Manage the transfer of dosimetry data between Dounreay and our approved dosimetry services (ADS)
- Develop and produce dosimetry reports to meet Dounreay business needs
- Manage Dounreay electronic personal dosemeter (EPD) system including maintenance ensuring its availability to meet business needs
- Interface with stakeholders, including regulators and auditors on dosimetry issues
- Manage Dounreay staff as a line manager, including training and providing technical advice
Desirable aptitudes and experience
- HNC in science/engineering or equivalent qualification plus experience
- 4 years nuclear industry with relevant experience associated with dosimetry
- Ability to demonstrate good organisational and planning skills
- Computer skills (use and development of spreadsheets, and database management)
You will enjoy the unique experience of life in the north of Scotland which has retained its strong community spirit and where you will be recognised as an individual, not just one of the crowd.
The role comes with a salary and bonus arrangements which reflect the responsibilities of the role. In addition the package includes relocation assistance (where appropriate), an attractive company pension scheme and generous annual leave entitlement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are fully committed to the development of a diverse workforce. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Salary: £29,449 – £46,840
Reference number: 12/19
Closing date: Friday 1 March 2019
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 11 March 2019
For further information, contact: Sinclair Tait 01847 802118
Apply: Application forms can be downloaded from dounreaycareers.com or sent to you by calling 01847 890917/890920
Send your completed application form along with your CV to Human Resource Department, Dounreay.com, Traill House, 7 Olrig Street, Thurso, KW14 7BJ, or by e- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Development Programme (Engineering, Science and Business)
At Dounreay we can give you an experience like no other. On joining our 2 year programme you will gain frontline practical experience while having the opportunity to develop your professional qualifications and accreditations. The programme is built around project placements within operational, projects or support functions together with appropriate short-term secondments. This is designed to support you gaining Chartered Status. By joining Dounreay you will be taking the first steps towards a challenging and rewarding career in the nuclear decommissioning industry.
Dounreay offers an excellent benefits package, including competitive starting salary, bonus scheme, pension plan and generous leave allowance.
Applicants must have achieved, or expect to achieve, a 2:1 in an engineering, science, business or related subject. Masters level qualifications are preferred.
Closing date for applications: 15 March 2019
Start date: August 2019
Apply: Application forms can be downloaded from our website www.dounreaycareers.com or sent to you by calling 01847 890917/890920.
Send your completed application form along with covering letter to:Human Resource Department, Traill House, 7 Olrig Street, Thurso, KW14 7BJ or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Dounreay’s Civil Nuclear Constabulary are recruiting
A police force offering a variety of police officer and support roles at all levels – see the website for more details.