Benefits and rewards
We need to recruit qualified and experienced individuals to help us deliver our mission as the decommissioning programme progresses. We employ around 1,000 people directly, with a similar number working at the site from the supply chain, offering rewarding work across a range of technical and support functions.
Annual leave entitlement of 28 days, rising to 33 days after 10 years continuous service. In addition, 8 days statutory public holidays, 2 and a half days privilege holidays and 2 and a half days Christmas/New Year closure holidays. A list of the public, privilege and Christmas/New Year closure holidays which are observed are published annually.
Eligible to join the Combined Nuclear Pension Plan (Defined Contributions Structure) with a minimum employee contribution rate of 3% of pensionable earnings. The table below summarises the various contribution rates:
|Member contribution rate||Employer contribution rate|
|3% (Minimum rate)||8%|
|7% or over||13.5%|
More information on the plan can be found www.cnpp.org.uk/defined-contribution-dc
Rewarding our people
Annual company bonus payment of up to 5% basic salary as at 31 March, depending upon DSRL performance against certain performance measures during the financial year.
DSRL recognises individual and team achievements or exemplary safe behaviour through the award of vouchers.
Family friendly benefits
DSRL is committed to promoting and improving a healthy work-life balance for all employees. We offer a number of benefits to staff:
- maternity leave, adoption leave, shared parental leave and paternity leave that offers enhanced payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying employees
- options for flexible working and home working
- parental leave for qualifying staff
- additional unpaid leave
We encourage our employees to take an active part in the local community. In doing so we provide additional paid time off for training purposes for local volunteer services such as the retained Fire Service, the Coastguard Rescue Service and Scottish Mountain Rescue. DSRL also provide the same support to our employees in the Reserve Forces.
Health and wellbeing
DSRL offer a range of services to support the health and wellbeing of our employees:
- Access to our Occupational Health Service, Employee Assistance Programme and Employee Support
- In partnership with High Life Highland, which offers affordable access to dozens of leisure facilities, 10% saving on individual or family memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme which operates via salary sacrifice allowing employees to make savings on tax and national insurance contributions
- Health promotion and information on our employee intranet
- Company sick pay scheme
Networks and groups
DSRL and the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority have a number of active employee networks and groups which encourage discussion, shared experiences and support. These include:
- Dyslexia Support
- Health and Wellbeing Support
- LGBT+ Network
- Menopause Support
- Women’s Network
- Nuclear Institute – Young Generation Network
- Disability Network
- Gender Balance Network
- Women in Nuclear Highlands Regional Branch
- Race Equality Network
- Neurodiversity Network